Sunday, July 25, 2010
En Zubaidi Abas, the Director of DBP Sabah Branch had been co-opted into the Committee of Persatuan Sejarah Malaysia Cawangan Sabah as the Advisor (Language) in the Editorial Board. He came in as guest of the Association during the 2010 AGM and he is also appointed as the Chairman of the Sub-Committee on the Photographs Compilation of Historial Sites in Sabah.
Arkib Negara Sabah Branch once again played host to Persatuan Sejarah Malaysia Cawangan Sabah (PSMCS) to hold its AGM on July 25,2010. There was a quorum and the Secretary's and the Treasurer's Reports were tabled after the Welcoming Address of the President. IT was used for the first time and the reports were presented in Powerpoint. PSMCS now plans its activities for the rest of the year of 2010 which includes the following;
1. Preparation and sending of a Memorandum to YAB Ketua Menteri Sabah
2. Courtesy Call to SEDCO Chairman, who is also the Assemblyman for Membakut
3. Updating of Blog
4. Final Printing of the Bulletin
5. Meetings of the new Sub-Committee on the photographs compilation of 'Historical Sites in Sabah'
6. Meetings of the new Sub-Committee on the 'Seminar on Islam'
7. Meetings of the new Sub-Committee on the 'Fund Raising & Installation Nite'
8. Meetings of the other Sub-Committees
9. Meetings of the Executive or the Main Committee
10. Membership Drive of Life and Institutional Membership
11. Signing of MOU with UMS
12. Storytelling at KYS Animation House on the Journey and History of Mat Salleh
Friday, July 16, 2010
It is supposed to be a historical site; the battleground of Mat Salleh at Kg Inanam Laut, Kota Kinabalu, but why is it allowed to be cut by some unconcerned developer? According to Ijam, a viallage boy the developer overshot his excavation works.
What used to be an important communication route is now a milky dirty old and dead-end river. The river at Kg Inanam Laut used to be the battleground of Mat Salleh and and his followers with the British colonial masters and they chased him after he burned down Jesselton and Gaya Island. It should be a historical river but it is not and a place for rubbish.
This is the only cannon found at the site on the hill at Kg Inanam Laut what used to be a fort used by Mat Salleh to fight the British administration. Kg Inanam Laut is where his mother comes from. This cannon found at a private land now lies in one of the houses in the village and the person who had found it had given strict instruction not to sell it even when the Muzium representatives came calling in.
Mat Salleh used this hill located at Kg Inanam Laut in Kota Kinabalu as he retreated to Tambunan, a small town in the Interior of North Borneo (now called Sabah), after he had burnt down Gaya Island, an island off Kota Kinabalu and Kota Kinabalu (then known as Api-Api and later Jesselton). What used to be a big hill is now a small hill as development creeps in and chiseled part of the hill on th eastern side. Now the State Government said the hill is a historical site and in the process of being gazetted for the last four years since 1996. There are a lot of old and new graves at the foothill and this got to be contained if we are to preserve this hill as a historical site and turn it into a historical tourism product.
Friday, July 9, 2010
Persatuan Sejarah Malaysia Cawangan Sabah plans its Committee meeting on July 17, 2010, 10 am at Star City to discuss the preparation for the AGM and the formation of the Committee on the Seminar on Islam - Historical Perspective.
Persatuan Sejarah Malaysia Cawangan Sabah plans its AGM on July 25, 2010 at 10 am at the National Archive, Off Penampang Road, Kota Kinabalu as a formality to approve its annual accounts and inform the members of its activities during the past year. Members are invited to attend and renew their membership.
Kementerian Pelancongan Kesenian Dan Alam Sekitar Sabah
Dewan Bahasa Dan Pustaka
Persatuan Sejarah Malaysia
- Director of Dewan Bahasa & Pustaka Cawangan Sabah ...
- AGM 2010 Successful
- It is Historical but why is it cut?
- The River At Kg Inanam Laut
- The Cannon Used By Mat Salleh
- Mat Salleh Fort at Kg Inanam Laut
- Committee Meeting on July 17, 2010
- Persatuan Sejarah Plans Its AGM
- Persatuan Sejarah Plans Its AGM
- ▼ July (9)